Thursday, February 28, 2008

Anthony's Turn

Today, Mom went home. This is going to be the first time for her since Dad passed. I had lunch with her today at Dos Pesos, it is the family's favorite mexican restaruant, Dad didnt like it for some reason. However, since his passing I realize it might of had to do with his Brother In Law. Since, is BIL's sister and husband own the place and Dad really didnt care to much for his BIL. Dad was funny like that. But only if he knew what he was missing, he might of overlooked his difference's with BIL.

While, at lunch today. Mom gave me a pocket watch that was given to my Dad, by his Father. Dad had planned on getting it fixed and giving it to me. While I was there I changed the time and wond it up. Low and behold it worked! I told Mom if Dad was here and I told him that it worked he would have said "Well I didnt know!" That was one of his favorite sayings, along with "You didnt tell me!" I'm just sitting here, thinking how much I miss Dad. I dont think I ever told him that I loved him. Dad never talked much about his feelings with us(his children) so I figured it was okay all right with him, if I kept my feelings to myself. So, I guess if you have someone that you truely love you should tell them once every now and then. Since, we never know how long someone will be around.

Today, Heather woke up late. So I had to take the kids to Daycare, some probably think. Why do they even have to go, since I dont work. Well the short story, I have become disabled from a car accident and those disabilites prevent the kids from staying home with me all day everyday. Anyways, as we arrived. Jaxon and Hunter took off towards the school, Hannah wanted to be carried, but I made her walk. Since I dont want her to get spoiled ;) Normally, when I drop them off they will get upset, but not today! Since they where having breakfast, the twins sat down and started to eat. Jaxon was a little upset, I thought I was going to be able to get him to accept that I was needing to leave. Since sometimes I'm able to do that, but thats about 2 out of 10 times.

The family will be home soon, so I need to go and do some chores. Mr. Mom :)

1 comment:

Carla said...

I know with all my heart and soul that Dad knew how much you loved him...
He wasn't a man to say those words very often either, he just showed them with his actions..
And also with a simple phrase that would most often follow your words of I love you, Me too!!! Be proud Ant, you are so much like him... Cherish his memory each day with your kids and how you raise them, he was an amazing dad and so are you...

Love,
Carla